Monday, January 4, 2010

Our first blog....

Ok...thanks to my sister, I am now starting a Jones Family blog! After seeing how cute "Adventures of the Adams' Family" was, I just had to try it out for myself! While I am excited to share all of the things that go on in our crazy life with all of the people that I love, I think I might just be crazy to take on one more thing "to do"!!! Nevertheless, I am excited to build our family blogspot and will try my best to keep everyone "up with The Jones"!!!

So the new year has begun and I must say we are off to a great start! Mark and I celebrated my 30th birthday on Saturday (Jan 2) with an overnight trip to Nashville with 8 of the best friends that anyone can have! Who would have thought that a dysfunctional t-ball team would lead to forever friendships! (It's a long story.....) Jamey, Mel, Keith, Amy, Stephen, Tonya, Aaron, Karissa ( in no particular order)....we love you guys and are thankful that you have been put into our lives!!

For the first time ever, I have officially become a "hunter's widow". Mark and Chase have started hunting EVERY Saturday. After all these years, I never thought that Mark could possibly find a hobby more expensive than racing....boy, was I wrong! Although, I guess I can't complain too much...Kayli and I do have the house all to ourselves on Saturdays! You wouldn't believe how quiet it is with no boys around! Plus, they love it and some extra father/son time never hurts! I am glad that they can share something that they both truly love.

Kayli will turn 12 years old in March. Scary thoughts enter my mind when I think about all of the things to come along with the teenage years! Boyfriends and make-up and driving....oh my! However, she is a beautiful, smart, and responsible girl and I must say that I am proud of the young lady that she is growing into. She has a bright future and I can't wait to watch her shine all the way through! I love you, mayford! =)

Chase is 7 and is being his usual self. Sometimes I wonder if we are all just visiting his world! Everyday he makes us laugh, drives us crazy and then reminds us what a big heart he carries in that little body. He is a sweet little boy that just wants to experience all that life has to offer...all at one time! He has been going at 100mph since the day he was born and, honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way! He keeps us young and we love him to pieces!

Well, I guess that is enough to get us started! I hope to post often but, like I said before, our life is crazy! Thanks for checking out our new blog and for "keepin' up with The Jones'!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially how your picture matches the rest of the blog! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tash...Thanks for the invite to your blog. Tell Mark I said 'hello' and to be careful out there in the woods! ;-) And again - Happy 30th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made one! haha Christen inspired me too..ours is tiffanyandgerald.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete