Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An early morning post...

It's "back to school day" at The Jones' house. Even after an 8:30pm bedtime and repeated warnings to get to sleep...Chase was still awake at 12am last night! So, of course, that means that it was NOT fun dragging him out of bed at 6:45am this morning! This morning was a little slow going but, we made it on time and I am now enjoying the part that I love most about school days...peace and quiet for 2 hours before I have to be at work....Yea me!

Oh, the joys of working for the utility company...poor Mark is working twice as much this week. The cold weather has reeked havoc on Decatur's water mains and they are bursting like balloons all over the city! I feel so sorry for him. Doesn't it sound miserable to work on a water leak in 30 degree weather? There doesn't look like there is an end in sight, either, with lows in the single digits for the weekend and 70% chance of snow tomorrow. Last time I checked, we lived in the South....right?

I guess it's my turn to join the daily grind. I sure wish that I could stay here, all warm in my snuggie next to the fire (yeah, that's right...I SAID SNUGGIE! I love it and I don't care what I look like!) but, I guess the bills won't get paid on thier own! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment