Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Mark

A funny thing happens to a marriage when you have kids. First comes the euphoric feeling that you have from becoming parents for the first time. Next comes the exhaustion from all of the sleepless nights. Then it gets a little easier as they grow. Eventually, you end up where Mark and I have found ourselves. Having one child in elementary school and one in middle school proves to be quite a handful; homework, dinner, bedtimes, work, doctor visits, dental visits, etc. etc. etc. During the rush of everyday life, it is easy to forget to say "I love you" enough to your spouse. I, for sure, am guilty of this. So, I decided that this post would be my way of reminding my husband that I do love him dearly....even if I forget to say it.

Oh...where do I start. I guess at the beginning! Mark and I have known each other since we were very young (around 6th grade). However, we DID NOT like each other. He came from one crowd and I came from another. I still remember sitting in church (where we met) and looking at him in disgust. It definitely was NOT love at first sight. A few years later, my best friend and Mark's cousin were "dating" and decided that it would be convenient if Mark and I got together. So, against my will, I accepted. (By the way, the feeling was mutual...he didn't like me any more than I did him!) But that night is when I realized that I loved him (November 23, 1993....this date is more important to me than our wedding anniversary). He was surely not the person that I thought he was before. He was kind and sincere and, as we got to know each other, he loved me for me. I loved that he was confident and didn't care what people thought about him or what he did (This is one of the things that, today, I still admire, but hate at the same time!)




(Our very first pictures! hahaha)


And the rest is history! We have been together for 16 years and married for 12. Our everyday life is chaos sometimes and I am the worst at taking time out to say I love you. So here goes....


TO MARK....
I love you very much. Thank you for all that you do. I can't imagine my journey through this life without you by my side. You are my best friend and my soul mate. I love you so much... forever and always!

4 comments:

  1. Geez, you couldn't just tell him this in private? GAG me with a spoon already. Have you ever thought of writing for hallmark, or possibly screenplays for Lifetime or Oxygen? Just kidding, that was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TASHA,I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE AND CARE FOR MY SON.YOU ARE A WONDERFUL WIFE,MOTHER AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW.THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR HIM.YOU ARE ALSO VERY SPECIAL TO ME.I REMEMBER THOSE YEARS AND THE MANY PRAYERS I SAID FOR YOU AND MARK..I THANK GOD FOR YOU MARK AND THE KIDS..WITH LOVE AND TEARS I WILL CLOSE FOR NOW..LOVE CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tasha...

    I couldn't be prouder of you as a person, a daughter, and a wife. All my love.

    ReplyDelete