Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A quick update and sad news....

Well I have been informed....once again....that I am not posting as often as I should. So, after a swift "kick in the rear" from my sister, I will try to update you on what is going on with "the Jones"!

Where to start....baseball/softball season has started and Mark and I are EXHAUSTED! Chase moved up to Minor B this season and is on a great team! He is doing so well for his first year on the pitching machine. The opening day parade is this Saturday followed by the first game of the season against The Cubs, which includes almost all of our former teammates (and friends) from previous years.....sure to be a good competition!=)

Kayli also decided to play softball this season so we (actually Mark, because I have been working late hours...more on that later) are shuttling between fields which happen to be across town from each other. Kayli has not played in a few years but hasn't lost her touch. She has quite an arm on her little body and is doing great so far. We will kick off the season next Saturday which will be opening day for softball!=)

Now, sad news. After some sleepless nights, a few tears, and some difficult decisions, we have decided to close Frankie's. (If you are not aware, Frankie's is the clothing store that my mother and I started in 2000.) It has been sort of a bitter-sweet decision. Frankie's has done so much for Mark and I in helping us to build our family. It has provided financial means, taught me, personally, so many valuable life skills, and it has created a bond between my mother and I that makes us more like best friends instead of mother/daughter.

While I will cherish the memories and will forever be thankful that I have had the opportunity, I am also excited to move on. I think there comes a time when you know that you are "done" and I have reached that point. I am burnt out and have been for a while. I am so scared but, at the same time, I am ready to turn the page and find out what is around the corner. Hopefully it will be something as great as what I am leaving behind!

I guess that's enough for now. It is late and I should be asleep. I'll try to do better......I promise!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shout out at the beginning! haha Also, I'm So excited for baseball/softball! I may actually be coming home this weekend, so let me know when the game is and maybe I can come! I love this time of year!!
    Yo Awesome Sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome writer. Good things will happen to the Jones family, because you are making your future now. Looking forward to the game. We have a practice game tomorrow eve(Thursday) against each other as well. Looking forward to seeing Chase hit and make plays!

    ReplyDelete