Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chase's big surprise...

Last weekend Chase got a big surprise...BUNKBEDS!!! Actually, it was a surprise to him AND to Mark, who I called unexpectedly to meet me at the furniture store...and bring the truck. Now, I don't often go on wild furniture spending sprees but, on this day, I had reached my limit. You see, Chase has never had new bedroom furniture. He only had a bed (with no headboard) and a hand me down dresser (that had already seen better days when it was handed down) with 2 broken drawer that recently became permanently stuck open. It was time for new furniture!

On this day, the boys were gone and Kayli had a friend over so I decided, since I had some free time, to clean out and organize his dresser drawers. Here is what I found.....


OH MY!!!!

That was it! I had had enough! I hate clutter!

At that moment, call it a temporary moment of insanity, I yelled for the girls to get in the car and off we went to the furniture store. Several hundred dollars later, a quick phone call to Mark, and a truck load of boxes and we were ready to get organized! Except for one thing....it all had to be put together! Here is how we began...

TONS OF PIECES...


TONS OF SCREWS...


AND WORTHLESS DIRECTIONS!!!


So, after 4 long hours and, surprisingly, only a small amount of bickering between Mark and I, we were finished!!

After the bed, I was too tired to take pictures while we put the dresser together, but here is the finished product....

It was definitely a LONG night but Chase now has working dresser drawers, a new fun bed to sleep in, and my sanity has returned!

Mission accomplished!

1 comment: