Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another week at The Jones'....

Not much has been going on around here this week, just the usual running between ball fields, work and school, but I thought while I had a minute I'd try to keep everyone "up with the Jones"....

Mark moved into his new position as "Operator A" last week. Before he was "Operator B" which is kind of the back-up. He has wanted the A position for a while and finally got promoted a few weeks ago. He is happy but quite nervous. He digs the holes (with a backhoe) to fix live gas and water mains and has to be very precise and careful not to damage the lines. He will be fine, though, once he gets comfortable.

Kayli is being a normal 12 year old girl...loud teeny-bopper music, make-up, boys, and, of course, uncool parents. Where did my little girl go??? She is definitely testing her limits with my patience. I wish that I could lock all of the doors and windows and never let her out of the house so that I can keep her from growing up any more. In less than one year she will officially be a TEENAGER!!!! Pray for us......

Chase has been all about baseball. Luckily, the rain has not interfered much with our games this season. Yesterday, his team was tied up for 1st place...but we lost our game and now we are in 2nd. I know, I know....it's supposed to be about the fun...but it's fun to win, too! Chase has been a little bit pouty about playing the positions that he is told to play. Last season he played 1st base and loved it. This year he is a first year kid and has been in the outfield and he is not happy about that. So, we have had MANY talks about attitude, sportsmanship, and hard work. He loves baseball, though, and is having a great time!

As for me....this is our last week to be open at Frankie's. The store is so bare. We have hardly anything left. I, so far, have not been terribly sad...just scared. We opened Frankie's 10 years ago, when I was 20 years old. It is all that I have known for my adult life. I am excited to move on, but the change is what scares me. I am a "planner" and right now I am not sure what the plan is. I don't like not knowing what is coming next. For now though, I am just going to take it a day at a time and see what happens!

This ended up being a little longer than expected.I guess I had more to say than I thought. I will try to post something a little more exciting next time but this is as good as it gets for now! Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment