Thursday, April 15, 2010

AN AWESOME NIGHT....


It's been a long day for The Jones' . We have been around the world today with work and practice and late ball games. As I am typing this at 9:45pm, Chase is still awake and Kayli isn't even home from practice.....(it's going to be a rough morning tomorrow!) Aside from our exhaustion....we are so hyped up that we can hardly sit still! Chase played AWESOME tonight! He had a great hit (all the way to the fence) and even kept playing after getting hurt as catcher. Not only are we proud, but his coaches thought so, too, because.....HE GOT THE GAME BALL!! YEA CHASE!!

This is a pretty big deal for Mark and I, not just because he played great, but because we have had sort of a rough start to the season. As I mentioned in the last post, he has had a bit of a bad attitude which has made him not play very good. We have had many discussions about how important it is to be a team player and a good sport.....and (it's a miracle) he actually WAS listening! HALLELUJAH!!!

Overall it was an outstanding game and "The Astros" ALL played great and deserved the win! Oh yea, did I mention that we also knocked out the 1st place team?? WOOHOO! I have to stop now....I am just so proud of our team!!! I could go on and on but I guess I should calm down and try to get these wild ones in bed! Good night!

4 comments:

  1. LOOVE this!! Just so sad I missed it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing about Chase has cheered me up from our lackluster performance. Jacob did great, just not the rest of em. Oh well! I was so close to staying, and not getting home to mow the yard. I should have stayed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to bring Abby to a game, let us know when he has one. I showed her the picture of him on this post and she said "Goooo Chase, Gooo Sally" Guess because Christen has taken her to Sally's soccer games. Haha funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama Fankie and GrandaddyApril 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM

    So glad you are teaching him about being a good sport, and a team player. Ya'll are great parents!! Hope we can be at his next game.

    ReplyDelete