Monday, June 21, 2010

Mohawks and Memorial Day

I have been such an awful blogger lately and yet again have been given a loving nudge from my sister, who, by the way, threw me under the bus in her last post! Just kidding...I deserved it! You can read her blog, The Adams' Adventures here. She is much better at posting than I am!

Anyway, since I haven't blogged in a LONG time (aside from my post yesterday, which had to come first) I have a lot to catch up on! You are probably scratching your head at the above picture. Yes...Chase has a mohawk! I decided to try and give Chase a buzz cut myself and well, the clippers got a little carried away. It was either stick with the mohawk in order to have some hair or go completely to the scalp. And so we decided...what the heck, it's summer!
This is Chase and one of his best friends sporting their 'hawks....

We have the greatest group of friends and for Memorial Day, we had them all over to our house to grill and watch the balloon glow at Point Mallard. Since we live pretty close, we had planned to walk over but, of course, as it always does on Memorial Day, it rained right before we were supposed to leave and made the fields to muddy to walk through. So we loaded up the truck and off we went.
Boys in one truck....


And girls in the other....

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the glow. There were only a few balloons up because of the rain so it wasn't much to see anyway. We had fun anyway, though, and we were glad that everyone could come and hang out. Rain, sleet, or snow, it is always fun to hang out with our crazy bunch. There is never a dull moment!

I guess that it all for now. I am determined to catch up and will try my best. No promises, though. It is hard to do anything except write research papers right now and for the rest of the summer....a special thanks to all of my professors for that...yuck!

2 comments:

  1. Jamey a.k.a. Carlton BanksJune 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM

    That was such a great night! Another awesome party by the Jones'!! We will have to do it again extremely soon. Have to try out my new cornhole boards. Hopefully see yall this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it... looks like yall had fun!! See you do to have tons to post about!
    Also, on the previous post.. I can't get over how little Kayli and Chase were in some of those pictures.. .my goodness they are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete