Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello Again....

Since it has been a year since I went into "blog-hibernation" I thought I would take this post to get reacquainted. As I sit here tonight, the kids are away at Maw-Maw's, we still have one more day of Christmas vacation and the house is fairly clean and organized following my swift removal of all things Christmas. Dare I say that I am sort of relaxed? Bored even? Not for long. Soon the hustle and bustle of life (school, work, sports, etc) will begin and again make it hard to keep this blog up to date.



I'll start with Chase. A year hasn't slowed him down. He is still a fiery ball of energy trapped in the body of a 9 year old little boy. He is in third grade and doing great. Loves sports, Auburn football, hunting with Dad and just doing anything outdoors. He is currently playing city league basketball and will start his first season of Minor A baseball in the Spring.



Kayli is officially a teenager now at 13 (almost 14) years old. I can't believe we have a teenager. She is in 8th grade and will go to Decatur High next year - ugghhhh - where does time go??? She is a beautiful, sweet, caring, thoughtful, young lady.....whose body has been taken over by a stubborn, eye-rolling, door-slamming, radio-blasting teenager......but we love her just the same! :) We have recently discovered that she has a beautiful singing voice and are looking into voice lessons which she is very excited about.


Mark is still working as an Equipment Operator at Decatur Utilities is currently in the running for a Foreman position. The decision between he and one other person will be made this March. We are crossing our fingers as this promotion would be huge for our family....and the ol' checkbook! ;) He has worked so hard to get to this point and truly deserves it. He works so hard to take care of our family and I am so proud of him.

As for me, I have been working at a great company called PeopleTec for a little over a year. They are an Aerospace/Defense Contractor in Huntsville. I can honestly say that I love my job and the people that I work with. I have TWO SEMESTERS left until I finish school!!! I will graduate in August with my Bachelor's degree in Acquisition and Contract Management. It is hard to believe that my almost 3 year journey towards completing my degree is ALMOST OVER......Can you tell I am ready to be finished????

That about sums up life as of today. 
We are looking forward to great things and happy times for the next year to come. :)



2 comments:

  1. Glad we get to read again. and Ah you are so lucky to be graduating soon.. I wish I were you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writer! Second career??

    ReplyDelete