Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snowed In

On Wednesday night, the kids were praying for snow. On Thursday morning, they got what they asked for! Although it was only about an inch, it was enough to close schools and make the roads too slick to travel. So we have been inside by the warm fire for 3 full days now! The kids have enjoyed the snowball fights and snowman attempts (hard to build a snowman out of an inch of snow) and it has been a nice break from work for me.

However, Mark is working double time due to the weather so that leaves me here ALONE with the kids. Don't get me wrong....I love my kids; BUT, there is a reason why I am not a stay-at-home mom. For 3 days I have had no other adult in the house to talk to! I have cleaned up messes and dealt with fights and tried to entertain 2 bored kids AND 2 dogs that act like children! I am about to lose my mind!

Then, this morning, just as Mark and I are finally about to get out of the house to go shopping in Huntsville ( I think he could sense that I was going crazy because Mark and shopping....please, that doesn't happen often) he gets called in to work! AAAAHHHHH!

So, that was at 11am. It is now 5pm and still no Mark! We are trying to stay busy but I am running out of stuff for the kids to do.....and running out of patience!

Like I said, I love my kids and I am thankful for everyday that I can spend with them; but some days....don't we all just need a break!

Oh well...at least I can reuse this post as my speech for the "MOM OF THE YEAR" award!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... this made me laugh... I was beginning to wonder when you were ever going to post on the blog again.. I've been checking like crazy haha hoping you didn't give up on it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a little cabin fever! I think Mel was in the same boat as you. Ya'll should have found something to do together. I feel bad for Mark, you, and the kids. Hopefully this hard freeze will be over soon and no more water main breaks for a while(although the pay checks are probably quite nice!).

    ReplyDelete