Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thankful

There are times in life that a higher power gives you something to think about. I wouldn't call myself a overly religious person and I sure don't go to church as often as I should; but, I do believe in God and I do believe that he makes things happen for a reason.

Being a new "blogger" , I decided tonight to check out some blogs by other people to get some ideas, etc. when I came upon another young mother's blog. She was around my age and was married with kids....nothing unusually interesting. Until, I saw a post to the side that said they had lost their 2nd child at only 8 days old in 2007. As a mother, the thought of this is unthinkable. As I continued to read about their journey, my heart was overcome with grief for them as parents and, at the same time, thankfulness that I am allowed the privilege of seeing my children grow. Their daughter was diagnosed with a condition during pregnancy and they had prepared themselves as best they could for what was to come. She lived for 8 days before she died.

During the busy routine of life, it is so easy to take for granted what God has given us. Some days my children drive me crazy (these last few days for sure) but on days such as these, when God reminds me of the incredible gift that he has given us, I will hug them a little tighter and tell them I love them one extra time before I go to sleep. And then I will thank God for reminding me that I am blessed to be a mother of 2 beautiful, healthy children.

1 comment: