Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bo Jr.



This was Bo. Bo was our third child. He was a great dog and we loved him like one of our children. We liked to say that he "adopted" us instead of the other way around. He was a stray who appeared at our door step one day and never left. He had his issues just like any other dog but for most of the time, he was great.














In March of last year, we found Bo in the ditch. He had been poisoned and was barely alive. We tried to make it to the vet in time to save him but it was too late. Bo died at the vet's office and we buried him in our backyard. I have to say that it was one of the hardest days of our lives. Even though he was just a dog, Bo had been a part of our life for 6 years. We loved him very much and still miss him and think about him everyday.

Today is Valentine's Day. This afternoon, I went to pick up my niece from my brother's house for a birthday party. When I got there, Abby (my niece) kept saying "' mere Tasha, 'mere Tasha". As I followed her, I rounded the corner and saw some puppies. My brother loves dogs and so I was not surprised. I, after just getting rid of a redbone coonhound (...long story), was not the slightest bit interested in taking one home. That is, until he said "I have one outside that we call Charlie. He looks just like Bo." So I followed him outside and there he was...Bo reincarnated. He was the spitting image of the dog that we miss so much.

So you can probably guess what happened next. We have a new dog. Even after I swore "NO MORE DOGS", I just couldn't resist this sweet little face. There will never be a dog that can replace Bo, but this little guy sure is trying.


1 comment:

  1. I think he is doing a great job stealing everyones heart.He is a smart dog,you did good Tasha...Another granddog..I love it

    ReplyDelete