Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Promise To My Children...

We are going through the "almost a teenager" phase with Kayli and, needless to say, there have been quite a few arguments and even some eye-rolling and slamming doors. I am sure we will go through it with Chase in a few years, but right now, Kayli and I are butting heads ALOT and sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing or being to hard on her. However, I saw this on FaceBook today and it reminded me that my job as a mother IS to be all of those things....because I love them.

So, this is my PROMISE TO MY CHILDREN:

 I will stalk you, freak out on you, lecture you, drive you crazy, be your worst nightmare, embarrass you in front of your friends, hunt you down like a bloodhound til the day you understand why I do it. All because I LOVE YOU. You will never find someone who loves you & cares about you more than your mom! I love you more than life itself !

Love,
~ Mom




2 comments:

  1. You have great kids so obviously your doing it right!! Love that quote, i'm sure i'll be even worse at stalking, questioning, lecturing, driving her crazy when Abby gets that age...probably because I know how I was when it wasn't done to me lol! cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! Great blog post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete